from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that inhibits, as a substance that retards or stops a chemical reaction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any substance capable of stopping or slowing a specific chemical reaction.
- n. Any substance capable of stopping or slowing a specific biological process
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which causes inhibitory action; esp., an inhibitory nerve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See inhibiter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a substance that retards or stops an activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.