from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or property of being insular.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being an island or consisting of islands; insulation.
- n. Narrowness or illiberality of opinion; prejudice; exclusiveness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being an island, or of being insular in situation or character; restriction within or as within an island; that which is characteristic of an island or of the inhabitants of an island; insularism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being isolated or detached
Sorry, no etymologies found.