from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fold or lock together, as when the fingers of one hand are laced between those of the other.
- v. To become folded or locked together, like the fingers of a folded hand.
- v. To intermingle; to present alternately items from one group and then another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To interweave.
- intransitive v. To interlock, as the fingers of two hands that are joined; to be interwoven; to commingle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To insert between the fingers; interweave like the joined fingers of the two hands.
- To be interwoven; commingle like interlocked fingers.
- In anatomy, specifically, to interpose finger-like processes or digitations between similar processes of another part, as one muscle may do to another; inosculate by means of reciprocal serrations: followed by with.
inter- + digitate (Wiktionary)