from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A job taken by a student in order to learn a profession or trade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being an intern; the position of an intern.
- n. The period of time during which a person is an intern.
- n. A program to provide novices in a field with apprenticeship training.
- n. The period of time during which a novice in a field serves in a subordinate capacity and continues to gain experience; the learning period before one becomes an expert.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of a medical intern
From intern + -ship. (Wiktionary)