from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An intersexual individual.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a variety of conditions (in a dioecious species) whereby an individual has characteristics of both sexes.
- n. An individual with an any of these conditions.
- adj. Intersexed, having characteristics of both sexes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one having both male and female sexual characteristics and organs; at birth an unambiguous assignment of male or female cannot be made
From German Intersexe; corresponding to inter- + sex. (Wiktionary)