from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing or occurring between the sexes: intersexual competition.
- adj. Having both male and female anatomical characteristics, including in varying degrees reproductive organs and secondary sexual characteristics, as a result of an abnormality of the sex chromosomes or a hormonal imbalance during embryogenesis.
- n. An intersexual person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Between the sexes.
- adj. Having both male and female characteristics, or characteristics intermediate between the sexes.
- n. An intersexed person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing between the sexes; exerted by one sex upon the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing or occurring between the sexes
- adj. having sexual characteristics intermediate between those of male and female
Sorry, no etymologies found.