from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who advocates the recovery of territory culturally or historically related to one's nation but now subject to a foreign government.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who calls for the seizure or recovery of territories or states currently subject to other countries; an adherent of irredentism.
- adj. Of or relating to irredentists or their policies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an advocate of irredentism, especially a person in one country who advocates the incorporation of a region in another country related historically to his country.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of an Italian political party formed in 1878, for bringing about the “redemption” or the incorporation into the kingdom of Italy of all regions situated near Italy where an important part of the population was Italian, but which were still subject to other governments, and hence called Italia irredenta.
- Pertaining to or advocating irredentism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of irredentism
Italian irredentista, from (Italia) irredenta, unredeemed (Italy), Italian-speaking areas subject to other countries; see irredenta.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Irredentist. (Wiktionary)