from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to repair, rectify, or amend: irreparable harm; irreparable damages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Incapable of being repaired, amended, cured or rectified
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not reparable; not capable of being repaired, recovered, regained, or remedied; irretrievable; irremediable
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not reparable; incapable of being repaired, rectified, or restored; that cannot be made right or good.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. impossible to repair, rectify, or amend
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin irreparābilis : in-, not; see in-1 + reparābilis, reparable; see reparable.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ir- + reparable (Wiktionary)