from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of reverence or due respect.
- n. A disrespectful act or remark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being irreverent; want of proper reverence; disregard of the authority and character of a superior.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being irreverent; lack of proper reverence; disregard of the authority and character of a superior.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being irreverent; lack of reverence or veneration; lack of due regard to the authority and character of a superior or an elder; a manifestation of irreverent feeling.
- n. Synonyms Disrespect, incivility, discourtesy, rudeness (all toward elders or superiors).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an irreverent mental attitude
- n. a disrespectful act
Sorry, no etymologies found.