from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Equal in duration.
- adj. Characterized by or occurring at equal intervals of time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the same duration
- adj. happening at regular periods; isochronous, periodic
- adj. time dependent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uniform in time; of equal time; performed in equal times; recurring at regular intervals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Uniform in time; of equal time; performed in equal times. Two pendulums which vibrate in the same time are isochronal; also, the vibrations of a pendulum in the curve of a cycloid have the same property, being all performed in the same time, whether the arc be large or small. Also isochronous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. equal in duration or interval
From New Latin īsochronus, from Greek īsokhronos : īso-, iso- + khronos, time.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
isochron + -al (Wiktionary)