from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used as a modifier before a noun: The airline canceled its early flight to New York.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. The one (or ones) belonging to it.
- pro. Its is even rarer in double possessive constructions.
- n. Plural form of it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Possessive form of the pronoun it. See it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The possessive case of the neuter pronoun it. See it, 1 , and he I., C .
Alteration of it's : it + -'s.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From it + 's. (Wiktionary)