from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Underhand scheming or behavior: "By some legal—or perhaps illegal—jiggery-pokery, he could declare the election void” ( John Hughes).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Trickery or misrepresentation.
- n. Manipulation
- n. An ambiguous reference to sexual intercourse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A verbal misrepresentation intended to take advantage of a person in some way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. verbal misrepresentation intended to take advantage of you in some way
Alteration of joukery-pawkery : from Scots jouk, to dodge (probably from duck2) + Scots pawk, trick.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)