from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tidy; trim: a nicely kempt beard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. neat and tidy; especially used of hair
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- p. p. of kemb; combed.
- Neatly kept; tidy. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A past participle of kemb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of hair) neat and tidy
Back-formation from unkempt.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Originally a past participle of Old English cemban ("to comb"). Modern uses are back-formations from the negative unkempt. (Wiktionary)