from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An obsessive impulse to steal regardless of economic need.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a psychological disorder that causes an uncontrollable obsession with stealing without economic or material need.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A propensity to steal, claimed to be irresistible. This does not constitute legal irresponsibility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See cleptomania, cleptomaniac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an irresistible impulse to steal in the absence of any economic motive
Greek kleptein, to steal + -mania.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek κλέπτω (kleptō, "I steal") + -mania (Wiktionary)