from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of petrifying other bodies.
- adj. Capable of beng converted into stone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Undergoing the process of becoming stone; having the capacity of being converted into stone; having the quality of petrifying bodies.
- n. Any substance which has the quality of petrifying other bodies, or of converting or being converted into stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Turning to stone; petrifying.
- Petrifactive; lapidific; having the power of converting to stone.
- n. A substance which has the quality of petrifying another substance, or converting it to stone.
Sorry, no etymologies found.