from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of laurel.
- n. Honors. From the Ancient Greek practice of crowning victors with a branch from the laurel bush, sacred to Apollo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. An honor or honors conferred for some notable achievement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
- n. the state of being honored
Sorry, no etymologies found.