from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of rooting branches, twigs, or stems that are still attached to a parent plant, as by placing a specially treated part in moist soil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A method of plant propagation by rooting cuttings.
- v. Present participle of layer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A propagating by layers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The operation of propagating plants by layers. See layer, v. t.
Sorry, no etymologies found.