from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having quick and nimble fingers.
- adj. Skilled at or given to petty thievery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Given to thievery. Given to shoplifting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dexterous in taking and conveying away; thievish; pilfering; addicted to petty thefts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Light in touch with the fingers, as in playing the piano.
- Dexterous in touching and taking; thievish; addicted to petty thefts: applied particularly to pickpockets.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having nimble fingers literally or figuratively; especially for stealing or picking pockets
Sorry, no etymologies found.