from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, near, or situated in the part of the back and sides between the lowest ribs and the pelvis.
- n. A lumbar artery, nerve, vertebra, or part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related to the lower back or loin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or near, the loins.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the loins in general: specifically applied in anatomy to many structures. See phrases.
- n. A lumbar vertebra.
- n. A corrupted form of Lombard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or near the part of the back between the ribs and the hipbones
New Latin lumbāris, from Latin lumbus, loin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin lumbus ("loin") loin. See loin. (Wiktionary)