from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located in the thigh or femur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or near the femur or thigh
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the femur or thigh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the thigh.
- Pertaining to the femur or thigh-bone: as, the femoral condyles.
- In entomology, pertaining to or on the third joint of an insect's leg: as, a femoral spine.
- Hunter's canal. See canal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or near the femur or thigh
From Latin femur, femor-, thigh.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)