from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or caused by both the sun and the moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Based on both the lunar month and the solar year.
- adj. Pertaining to or caused by both the moon and the sun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resulting from the united action, or pertaining to the mutual relations, of the sun and moon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Depending jointly on the motions or actions of the moon and the sun: as, the lunisolar cycle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or attributed to the moon and the sun or their mutual relations
Latin lūna, moon; see lunar + solar.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)