from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The principal mast of a sailing vessel.
- n. The taller mast, whether forward or aft, of a two-masted sailing vessel.
- n. The second mast aft of a sailing ship with three or more masts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chief, and tallest mast of a sailing ship that has more than one mast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The principal mast in a ship or other vessel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, the principal mast in a ship or other vessel.
- n. plural The lower topmast and topgallantmasts of the mast next abaft the foremast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the chief mast of a sailing vessel with two or more masts
Sorry, no etymologies found.