from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The third mast or the mast aft of a mainmast on a ship having three or more masts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The aftmost mast on a ship having three or more masts
- n. The shorter, after mast of a ship having two masts, such as a ketch or yawl
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the third mast from the bow in a vessel having three or more masts; the after and shorter mast of a yawl, ketch, or dandy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The mast that supports the mizzen; the aftermost mast of a three-masted vessel.
- n. plural The lower-mast, topmast, and topgallantmast of the mast next abaft the mainmast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. third mast from the bow in a vessel having three or more masts; the after and shorter mast of a yawl, ketch, or dandy
Sorry, no etymologies found.