from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not present; absent.
- adj. Lost: a missing person; soldiers missing in action.
- adj. Lacking; wanting: This book has 12 missing pages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of miss.
- adj. Not able to be located; gone; absent; lost.
- adj. To be running roughly due an occasional lack of a spark or other irregular fault
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Absent from the place where it was expected to be found; lost; lacking; wanting; not present when called or looked for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want; lack.
- Not present or not found; absent: gone.
- To sing amiss.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. nonexistent
- adj. not able to be found
Sorry, no etymologies found.