from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An artistic style heavily used in, and associated with, Japanese comics, and that has also been adopted by a comparatively low number of comics from other countries.
- n. A comic originating in Japan, regardless of the artistic style.
- n. A comic in manga style, regardless of the country of origin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Eccles., a case or cover; especially, the case for a processional or other cross when not in use, often of rich stuff or embroidered.
- n. A cone-shaped bag for the filtration of amalgam.
From Japanese 漫画 (manga), from 漫 (man-, "random, uncontrolled") + 画 (-ga, "picture, sketch"). After an 1814 book by Katsushika Hokusai. (Wiktionary)