from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Severe overheating of a nuclear reactor core, resulting in melting of the core and escape of radiation.
- n. Informal A disastrous or rapidly developing situation likened to the melting of a nuclear reactor core: "After several corporate meltdowns, only two reporters remain in [the] bureau” ( David Fitzpatrick).
- n. Informal An emotional breakdown
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Severe overheating of the core of a nuclear reactor resulting in the core melting and radiation escaping.
- n. A situation being likened to a nuclear meltdown; a crisis.
- n. A tantrum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. severe overheating of the core of a nuclear reactor resulting in the core melting and radiation escaping
- n. a disaster comparable to a nuclear meltdown
Sorry, no etymologies found.