from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or state of being a mendicant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being mendicant; beggary; begging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being a mendicant; the state of beggary, or the act of begging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a solicitation for money or food (especially in the street by an apparently penniless person)
- n. the state of being a beggar or mendicant
mendicant + -cy (Wiktionary)