from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Having or composed of segments; segmented.
- adj. Biology Relating to a change in the number or placement of body parts or segments: meristic variation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to meristics.
- n. A quantitative property of a fish, as studied in meristics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or exhibiting merism.
From Greek meristos, divided; see meristem.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)