from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An electromagnetic wave with a wavelength between that of infrared and short waves (one millimeter to one meter).
- n. Informal A microwave oven.
- transitive v. To cook or heat (food) in a microwave oven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An electromagnetic wave with wavelength between that of infrared light and radio waves.
- n. A microwave oven.
- v. To cook (something) in a microwave oven.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short electromagnetic wave (longer than infrared but shorter than radio waves); used for radar and microwave ovens and for transmitting telephone, facsimile, video and data
- n. kitchen appliance that cooks food by passing an electromagnetic wave through it; heat results from the absorption of energy by the water molecules in the food
- v. cook or heat in a microwave oven
micro- + wave (Wiktionary)