from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A woman companion of a gunman or gangster.
- n. Slang A woman prostitute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. minor; in the minor mode
- n. A female companion of a gangster, especially a former or current prostitute.
- n. A prostitute or woman with loose sexual morals.
- n. Bitch, slut; an insulting epithet applied to a female.
- n. A girlfriend of a bikie.
- n. A girlfriend of a surfie; blends with pejorative sense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Minor; in the minor mode.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A familiar form of the feminine name
- n. [l. c] A female companion not bound by ties of marriage, but often a life-mate: a word in common use among navvies, costermongers, and the like.
- In music, minor: as, C moll, or C minor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the girlfriend of a gangster
Probably from the name Moll, nickname for Mary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
German, from Latin mollis ("soft, tender, elegiac"). Compare molle ("flat (in music)"). (Wiktionary)
From Moll, an archaic nickname for Mary (see also Molly). (Wiktionary)