from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various aromatic plants of the genus Monarda in the mint family, such as the bee balm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the genus Monarda of flowering plants, the bergamots or bee balms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any of various aromatic herbs of the genus Monarda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of labiate plants, type of the tribe Monardeæ, characterized by the anthers having a very small connective, the cells confluent into one, and by having a tubular calyx with fifteen nerves, which is almost equally five-toothed.
- n. A plant of the genus Monarda.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various aromatic herbs of the genus Monarda
New Latin Monarda, genus name, after Nicolas Monardes (1493-1588), Spanish botanist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the genus name. (Wiktionary)