from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being married to one person at a time.
- adj. Having only one sexual partner at a time.
- adj. monogamic; having a simple flower with united anthers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Upholding, or practicing, monogamy.
- adj. Same as Monogamian.
- adj. Mating with but one of the opposite sex; -- said of birds and mammals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Practising or supporting the principle of monogamy.
- Marrying only once —that is, not remarrying after the death of the spouse: opposed to digamous.
- Marrying only one at a time: opposed to bigamous or polygamous.
- Of or pertaining to monogamy: as, monogamous doctrines or customs.
- In zoology, having only one mate; living in pairs: as, a monogamous family of birds.
- In botany, having solitary flowers with united anthers, as in Lobelia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of relationships and of individuals) having one mate
mono- + -gamous (Wiktionary)