from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several night-blooming vines related to the morning glories.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several unrelated vines which bloom at night
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The oxeye daisy; -- called also moon daisy.
- n. A kind of morning glory (Ipomœa Bona-nox) with large white flowers opening at night.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The oxeye daisy, Chrysanthemum Leucanthemum.
- n. A tropical night-blooming species of Ipomæa, with large fragrant white flowers, or
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pantropical climber having white fragrant nocturnal flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.