from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lightweight motorized bicycle that can be pedaled as well as driven by a low-powered gasoline engine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of mope.
- adj. Melancholy, dejected.
- n. A lightweight, two-wheeled vehicle equipped with a small motor and pedals, designed to go no faster than some specified speed limit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a motorbike that can be pedaled or driven by a low-powered gasoline engine
From mo(tor) + ped(al).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From mope + -ed. (Wiktionary)
Swedish moped (Wiktionary)