from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act or instance of murmuring.
- n. A flock of starlings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of murmuring; a murmur.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Murmuring; discontent; grumbling.
- n. In falconry, a gathering of starlings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech
1350-1400; Medieval Latin murmuratio. (Wiktionary)