from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unrefined brown sugar with a strong flavour of molasses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or of the nature of, unrefined or raw sugar, obtained from the juice of the sugar cane by evaporating and draining off the molasses. Muscovado sugar contains impurities which render it dark colored and moist.
- n. Unrefined or raw sugar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Unrefined sugar; the raw material from which loaf-sugar and lump-sugar are procured by refining.
- n. In petrography, a name given by Minnesota geologists to any rusty-brown weathered rock that resembles brown sugar. It has been applied to gabbros and to quartzite.
Sorry, no etymologies found.