from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Decorative needlework on canvas, usually in a diagonal stitch covering the entire surface of the material.
- n. A type of lace worked on paper patterns with a needle. Also called point lace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A craft involving pulling yarn, thread, or floss through a canvas mesh to produce a decorative design.
- n. An object made using the craft.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lace worked with a needle in a buttonhole stitch on a paper pattern
- n. embroidery consisting of allover embroidered canvas resembling tapestry
From needle + point (Wiktionary)