from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Neologism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study or art of neologizing (creating new words).
- n. The act of introducing a new word into a language
- n. The holding of novel or rational religious views
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The introduction of a new word, or of words or significations, into a language.
- n. A new doctrine
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Innovation in language; the introduction of new words or new senses of old words.
- n. The invention or introduction of new ideas or views.
- n. Specifically, rationalistic views in theology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of inventing a word or phrase
- n. a newly invented word or phrase
Sorry, no etymologies found.