from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science that deals with the kidneys, especially their functions or diseases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the function and diseases of the kidneys.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A treatise on, or the science which treats of, the kidneys, and their structure and functions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Scientific knowledge or investigation of the kidney.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine concerned with the kidney - its development and anatomy and physiology and disorders
nephro- + -logy (Wiktionary)