from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a class of 14th-century Japanese mercenary agents who were trained in the martial arts and hired for covert operations such as assassination and sabotage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person trained primarily in stealth, espionage, assassination and the Japanese martial art of ninjutsu.
- n. A Mongolian amateurish private miner (mainly for gold); after the shape of the plastic bowls used to wash metal ore with mercury, roughly resembling one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- n. Juggalo version of the epithet "nigga".
- v. To act in the manner of a ninja, especially in the areas of speed and power.
- v. To claim an item in a game by abusing game mechanics, often despite having no real need for the item or ability to use it.
- v. To post a response on a message board immediately before someone else unknowingly posts a response saying the same thing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a class of 14th century Japanese who were trained in martial arts and were hired for espionage and assassinations
- n. a member of the ninja who were trained in martial arts and hired for espionage or sabotage or assassinations; a person skilled in ninjutsu
Japanese : nin, to endure + ja, person (from Middle Chinese tšiaʔ).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Japanese 忍者 (ninja). (Wiktionary)