from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. bright; lustrous; shining
- adj. gay; spruce; fine; said of persons
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bright; lustrous; shining.
- adj. Gay; spruce; fine; -- said of persons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bright; lustrous; shining.
- Gay; spruce; fine: applied to persons.
- In bot, having a smooth, shining, polished surface, as many leaves and seeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bright with a steady but subdued shining
From Latin nitidus. (Wiktionary)