from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The part of a bridle or halter that passes over an animal's nose. Also called nosepiece.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a bridle or halter that goes over the nose of an animal, particularly a horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of the headstall of a bridle which passes over a horse's nose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of a bridle which comes over the nose and is attached to the cheek-straps. Also called nose-piece. See cut under harness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strap that is the part of a bridle that goes over the animal's nose
nose + band (Wiktionary)