from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a stepmother.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a stepmother.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Done or recurring every ninth year.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a stepmother; suitable to, or in the manner of, a stepmother.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a stepmother; suitable to a stepmother; step-motherly.
Latin novercālis, from noverca, stepmother; see newo- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin novercalis, from noverca a stepmother. (Wiktionary)