from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of noel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Christmas; also, a shout of joy at Christmas for the birth of the Savior.
- n. A kind of hymn, or canticle, of mediæval origin, sung in honor of the Nativity of our Lord; a Christmas carol.
- n. The core, or the inner part, of a mold for casting a large hollow object.
- n. The bottom part of a mold or of a flask, in distinction from the cope; the drag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Christmas: a word often used as a burden or an exclamation in Christmas songs; hence, a Christmas carol, properly one written polyphonically.
- n. An obsolete form of newel.
- n. In founding, the inner part of the mold for castings of large hollow articles, such as tanks, cisterns, and steam-engine cylinders of large size. It answers to the core of smaller castings.
Sorry, no etymologies found.