from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having an ocellus or ocelli.
- adj. Resembling an ocellus.
- adj. Having spots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, resembling or having an ocellus
- adj. spotted
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling an eye.
- adj. Marked with eyelike spots of color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or marked by ocelli.
- Marked with or noting spots having a dark center and a lighter outer ring, as the spots on the tail of a peacock and on the wings of many butterflies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having ocelli
Latin ocellātus, having little eyes, from ocellus, diminutive of oculus, eye; see ocellus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)