from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The large process on the upper end of the ulna that projects behind the elbow joint and forms the point of the elbow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bony process at the top of the ulna forming the point of the elbow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The large process at the proximal end of the ulna which projects behind the articulation with the humerus and forms the bony prominence of the elbow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A process forming the upper or proximal end of the ulna.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. process of the ulna that forms the outer bump of the elbow and fits into the fossa of the humerus when the arm is extended
Greek ōlekrānon : ōlenē, elbow; + krānion, skull, head.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Greek origin: Olene meaning 'elbow' and 'kranion' is head. (Wiktionary)