from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the folds of the peritoneum that connect the stomach with other abdominal organs, especially:
- n. The greater omentum.
- n. The lesser omentum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two folds of the peritoneum that support the viscera
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A free fold of the peritoneum, or one serving to connect viscera, support blood vessels, etc.; an epiploön.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a fold or duplication of peritoneum, of two or four peritoneal layers, passing between or hanging down from certain abdominal viscera—the stomach, liver, spleen, and colon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fold of peritoneum supporting the viscera
Latin ōmentum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)