from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sebaceous secretion, especially the cheesy secretion that collects under the prepuce or around the clitoris.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A whitish sebaceous secretion that collects between the glans penis and foreskin or in the vulva.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The soapy substance covering the skin of newborn infants.
- n. The cheesy, sebaceous matter which collects between the glans penis and the foreskin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as sebaceous humor (which see, under sebaceous).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin
Latin smēgma, detergent, from Greek, from smēkhein, to wash off.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin, from Ancient Greek σμῆγμα (smēgma), alternative spelling of σμῆμα (smēma, "soap, detergent"), from σμάω (smaō, "I wipe, clean"). (Wiktionary)