from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The natural or surgical union of anatomical parts of two organisms, usually involving exchange of blood, as in the development of Siamese twins or in certain transplant operations.
- n. A temporary suspension of conductivity or excitability in a nerve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The (natural or surgical) union of parts of two organisms (especially of their vascular systems)
- n. The fusion of two embryos to form conjoined twins
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The temporary abolition of conductivity and excitability in a nerve.
para- + -biosis (Wiktionary)