from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To subject (a beverage or other food) to pasteurization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To heat food for the purpose of killing harmful organisms such as bacteria, viruses, protozoa, molds, and yeasts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To subject to pasteurization.
- transitive v. To treat by pasteurism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To perform Pasteurization; sterilize fermented liquors, as beer or wine, by heat.
- To subject to the process of Pasteurism.
- To subject to the process of Pasteurization.
- Also spelled Pasteurise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. heat food in order to kill harmful microorganisms
Sorry, no etymologies found.